A current favourite recipe of mine. This one is really easy, and cheap to make!
Chocolate Chickpea Bites
1 bar dark chocolate (I normally use Bournville, but other brands are available)
1 tin chickpeas
olive or coconut oil
- Drain your chickpeas, and lie them out on a baking tray and coat them with the oil of your choice, and a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake the chickpeas in the over on 200c (fan) for around 15 minutes, or until they look a nice golden colour.
- When the chickpeas are cooked, set up a saucepan of water and place a glass bowl over the saucepan containing the dark chocolate, broken up into small pieces.
- Allow the chocolate to melt, and once it has, mix in the roasted chickpeas.
- When the chickpeas are adequately coated, grab a spoon, and place small spoonfuls of the mix onto a baking tray into bite-size clusters until you have used up the mix.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour, and then dig in!
A big thanks to Simon for coming in today. Don’t forget, you can tune into the Sunday breakfast show to hear Simon every week. He gets up so you don’t have to!